What data do we collect?
Positive Homes collects the following data:
- Personal identification information (Name, email address, phone number, etc.)
- Information you supply us including enquiries about currently available properties or upcoming developments and your requirements.
How do we collect your data?
You directly provide us with most of the data we collect. We collect data and process data when you:
- Register online or place an order for any of our products or services.
- Voluntarily complete a customer survey or provide feedback on any of our message boards or via email.
- Use or view our website via your browser's cookies.
- Information you supply us via our social media channels (including but not exclusively Linkedin, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook)
We may also receive your data indirectly from the following sources:
- Others operating directly on our behalf, such as estate agents, relevant professional bodies and organisations. These will vary from time to time.
How will we use your data?
Positive Homes collects your data so that we can:
- Process your order and manage your account.
- Email you with special offers on other products and services we think you might like.
- Contact you via our social media channels about products and services
If you agree, we will share your data with our partner companies so that they may offer you their products and services.
When we process your order or query, we may send your data to, and also use the resulting information from, credit reference agencies to prevent fraudulent purchases.
How do we store your data?
Positive Homes securely stores your data at our website providers Cuttlefish Multimedia.
We will keep your data for five years. Once this time period has expired, we will delete your data, unless you give us permission to retain it for longer.
We would like to send you information about products and services of ours that we think you might like, as well as those of our partner companies. This will include our estate agents and other professional services companies we work with to design and develop housing schemes, as well as academic and industry partners. These will vary from time and time.
If you have agreed to receive marketing, you may always opt out at a later date.
You have the right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes or giving your data to our partners.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please contact us via this website.
What are your data protection rights?
We would like to make sure you are fully aware of all of your data protection rights. Every user is entitled to the following:
The right to access – You have the right to request Positive Homes for copies of your personal data. We may charge you a small fee for this service.
The right to rectification – You have the right to request that Positive Homes correct any information you believe is inaccurate. You also have the right to request Positive Homes to complete the information you believe is incomplete.
The right to erasure – You have the right to request that Positive Homes erase your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to restrict processing – You have the right to request that Positive Homes restrict the processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to object to processing – You have the right to object to our processing of your personal data, under certain conditions.
The right to data portability – You have the right to request that Positive Homes transfer the data that we have collected to another organisation, or directly to you, under certain conditions.
If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you. If you would like to exercise any of these rights, please contact us via the contact page on this website.
When we deliver services and information through our website we want to make sure these are useful, reliable and easy to use. To make this happen, it sometimes involves placing small amounts of information on your device, for example, your computer or mobile phone. These include small files known as cookies and Positive Homes cannot identify you personally using them.
These pieces of information are used to improve services for you through, for example:
- enabling the website to recognise your device so you don't have to give the same information multiple times during one task,
- measuring how many people are using online services so we can make sure that there is enough capacity to make them work efficiently, and look at ways we can make them easier to use.
Most web browsers allow you to control cookies through the browser settings. To find out more about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set and how to manage and delete them, visit www.aboutcookies.org.
- Keeping you signed in
- Understanding how you use our website.
What types of cookies do we use?
There are a number of different types of cookies, however, our website uses:
- Functionality – Positive Homes uses these cookies so that we recognise you on our website and remember your previously selected preferences. These could include what language you prefer and location you are in. A mix of first-party and third-party cookies are used.
- Advertising – Positive Homes uses these cookies to collect information about your visit to our website, the content you viewed, the links you followed and information about your browser, device, and your IP address. Positive Homes sometimes shares some limited aspects of this data with third parties for advertising purposes. We may also share online data collected through cookies with our advertising partners. This means that when you visit another website, you may be shown advertising based on your browsing patterns on our website.
How to manage cookies
You can set your browser not to accept cookies, and the above website tells you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases, some of our website features may not function as a result.
Privacy policies of other websites
Cookies which may be set when you use this website
Description: this Content Management System session cookie is a reference to you for the duration of your visit on the site. It enables us to secure our forms by checking that no one else is pretending to be you.
Duration: the cookie only lasts as long as your visit.
Description: when you select "Use a cookie to remember this" the site sets a cookie to remember who you are. This might be, for example, when logging in to the site.
Duration: this cookie will last for 1 year from when it is first set. After this time, or if you delete the cookie yourself, you will need to re-enter your details on your next visit.
Description: this cookie is used to remember the items that you add to your shopping basket.
Duration: this cookie lasts until you close your browser.
Google Analytics Cookies - _utma, _utmb, _utmc, _utmz, _ga, _gat
- _utma: 2 years
- _utmb: 1 hour
- _utmc: until you close your browser
- _utmz: 6 months
- _ga: 2 years
- _gat: 10 minutes
Google has produced a browser add-on which enables you to opt out of Google Analytics across all websites: tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
YouTube Cookies - PREF, VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE, YSC
Description: these cookies are set by www.youtube.com. We use YouTube's Privacy Enhanced mode to embed video on our site which means that YouTube won't store information unless you play the video. Please refer to Google's Privacy Policies & Principles for more information.
- PREF and VISITOR_INFO1_LIVE: up to 3650 days
- YSC: expires when you close your browser
Twitter cookies - guest_id, pid
Duration: up to 2 years.
How to contact us
How to contact the appropriate authority
Should you wish to report a complaint or if you feel that Positive Homes has not addressed your concern in a satisfactory manner, you may contact the Information Commissioner's Office via https://ico.org.uk/